Beachy Head Brewery
Beachy Head beers are made with simple, traditional ingredients to guarantee the rich, nuanced flavours of real ale. Our dedication to quality and tradition has already earned our young brewery a number of awards.
Our philosophy is simple; we make great ales using the finest ingredients”
Roger Green, Master Brewer
All our ales contain live yeast and should be poured carefully to leave a small amount of sediment in the bottle. Best served at a cool (but not cold) temperature.
Original Ale - 4.5% Alc. Vol.
Beachy Head “Original Ale” is a bottle conditioned bitter produced with only water, floor malted barley (optic and crystal) and challenger hops from English producers. It is English bitter with a strong hoppy flavour and light floral notes. This bottle-conditioned ale won first prize from CAMRA South East Sussex branch, competing against 47 other ales.
Legless Rambler - 5.0% Alc.Vol
The distinctive flavour of Legless Rambler comes from brambling cross hops. The name is a tribute to all those who walk the wonderful South Downs Way from Winchester to Beachy Head and celebrate accordingly. Winner of Eastbourne Beer Festival Microbrewery Beer of the Year 2008 and 2011 and Beer of the Festival at the same event in October 2010.
South Downs Ale - 4.4% Alc. Vol.
This pale ale bitter has sweet bitterness and floral characteristics. A well-balanced ale produced using malted barley and hop flowers. An ideal drink to have in a local pub within the South Downs National Park or to take home to savour the memories of this spectacular countryside.
Buy Beachy Head ale from:
Pubs, bars, hotels and venues (drink in)
- Beachy Head holiday cottages
- Birling Gap café
- Crossways Hotel, Wilmington
- The Dripping Spring, St Leonards
- Evening Star, Brighton
- Gardener’s Arms, 46 Cliffe High Street, Lewes
- The Ship Inn, Meads Village, Eastbourne
- The Star, Alfriston
- The Tiger Inn, East Dean
- The White Rock Hotel
- The Wheatsheaf Inn, Willingdon Village, Eastbourne
- The Counting House, Eastbourne
- The Old Boot, Seaford
- Snowdrop Inn, Lewes
Shops (take away)
- Alfriston Post Office, Alfriston, East Sussex, BN26 5UE
- Cooden Cellars, Eastbourne
- East Dean Post Office, East Dean, BN20 0HR
- Gaffers Wine Shop, 36 Meads Street, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne
- King’s Church, Eastbourne
- Middle Farm shop
- Waitrose – Uckfield, Eastbourne and Hastings branches
- Sharnfold Farm Shop, Stone Cross
- Beehive on the Green, East Dean